Eren + smiling
NaLi Week 2014 Day 7 - “You Belong With Me”/100 Reasons Why…
Since the last day is supposed to be about why we ship this pairing, I thought a collection of pictures from their lives would be fitting. There are a lot of moments that could be added to this, but after all the work I’ve done for this week (and there’s still tomorrow’s extra prompt) I’m too tired to do more pics, so I’ve recycled a lot of old ones here. Also, today’s prompt is more about our feelings towards the pairing, so I wanted my old and new pics of them side by side (some pics here are from 2012, right when I joined dA, and others are from this very week).
Now, as for reasons I ship this pairing. I could probably talk all day about them, but I tried to keep it short and not take much of your time. And by short I mean there is massive wall of text right under this. (Sorry, I get easily carried away when it comes to these two. ^^’)
So let’s start:
1) Lisanna is the only one who was genuinely interested in Natsu’s past. To explain it better, I always felt that, while Natsu is the main hero and supports everyone, there’s isn’t anyone who knows what Natsu feels and is there to help him when he’s down. There are people who didn’t even believe he was created by a dragon, and those who did believe were more amazed or impressed with his magic and power than worried about how he felt being abandoned.
However, Lisanna was there to listen to his feelings and cheer him up since their first meeting. She even tried to help him in his search for Igneel, despite not helping much. I feel that, even being separated for two years, Lisanna is still the one who knows him better.
2) Continuing the thoughts above, Natsu hardly shows his feelings. Actually, most of the time he is a bland character who’s just there for the fights, friendship speeches and comic relief scenes. However, when Lisanna is involved he show more emotions and does things differently than usual: crying over Igneel, getting embarrassed at the thought of marriage, holding up his pride and apologizing to an enemy just to keep her safe, telling his motivations for becoming S-Class, and probably other stuff I’m forgetting. Therefore, she is only one he’s comfortable enough with to share more personal stuff, and she’s caring enough to support him.
3) Let’s not forget Lisanna’s side too. She is also someone who doesn’t show her sadness easily because she doesn’t want to worry or hurt anyone. However, she once told Natsu of how she feels about the loss of her parents, and she was also more open with him of her dreams and expectations about a family. So I think she is also more comfortable around him, and he would support her well like he does with anyone else.
4) Natsu is childish and likes teasing and joking people, and playing around. Lisanna is carefree enough to not freak at his antics and even join him in the fun, while at the same she is mature enough to get him back at track if he goes too far (just remember when she first appeared at Edolas). Also, she is the only one that manages to tease and embarrass him in return.
5) Besides, Natsu lacks common sense and fails to understand obvious stuff sometimes, and I feel Lisanna is one of the few people who could address this and correct/teach him in a gentle way.
6) Both of them know the importance and the responsibilities of raising a family.
7… Okay, I think I talked long enough already. Thanks for reading this far and I’m sorry for the massive text wall, I just love these two so much.